Social Media & Marketing Intern - Climate Change
Interested in doing something about Climate Change? We are! We're the ClimateStore and we believe Climate Change is the most pressing issue of our time.
We currently have an opening for a Social Media and Marketing Intern at our Boston area headquarters with experience with low carbon footprint/energy saving products to support the growth of our core product line.
- Develop and social media content with social media team (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Write blog posts on sustainable living practices, green products, and the impact of Climate Change
- Work with staff to support digital advertising campaigns
- Support design and content development of weekly newsletter and sale announcements
- Monitor the sustainable/green blogging community to find articles relevant to the ClimateStore's mission and brand
- Support green product marketing in the context of an eCommerce platform to provide maximum product visibility and educational information
- Direct exposure to latest approaches in communicating Climate Change issues/relevance in a direct to consumer setting
- Direct experience with digital media campaigns
- eCommerce platform use and development with a sustainability mission
- Low carbon footprint/sustainable product-line development and contemporary classification methods
- Exposure to a purpose-driven, fast-paced, start-up work environment
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Experience using online platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Tumbler, Goolge+ and Youtube
- A self-starter with the ability to perform self-directed research
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Digital Marketing campaign experience (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Facebook Ads manager)
- Experience with sustainable product communication and eCommerce marketing models
Timing and Compensation:
This is an unpaid semester length educational internship starting in Sept 2015. We are happy to work with qualified educational institutions for earned credit hours.
Please include a cover letter with your resume; let us know when and why you became interested in climate change, your career goals, and why this opportunity would be a good fit. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ClimateStore Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable state or federal law.