Vice President/Director of eCommerce
Interested in doing something about Climate Change? We are! We're the ClimateStore and we believe Climate Change is the most pressing issue of our time.
We're a for-profit start-up with an environmental mission: to provide high quality products to people interested in mitigating human caused climate change through personal action. We get the link between fossil fuel energy use, GHG emissions, Climate Change and the urgent need to move to a clean, energy efficient economy. Our mission is to make it fun and easy for people to lower their carbon footprints.
We’re looking for talented people who share our passion for the natural world, sustainable products and practices. We're currently searching for a V.P./Director of eCommerce with leadership experience in direct eCommerce and multi-channel commerce who is interested in joining our leadership team to progress our mission, strategy and growth.
- Build a world class ecommerce team and provide processes, tools and analytics that support the successful execution of state of the art B2C on-line merchandising.
- Design and lead implementation of ClimateStore’s eCommerce platform – assuring the company has the systems, tools and architecture to support rapid growth.
- Oversight/implementation of all eCommerce systems including: shopping carts, drop shipper/3PL integration, affiliate programs, social media and digital advertising integrations, analytics platforms and mobile applications.
- Develop and implement systems for omni-channel marketplace integration.
- Support development and implementation of 5 yr business plan with leadership team.
- Build and lead growing developer/IT team and outsource technical support relationships.
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing and Merchandising teams to support technical implementation of promotions, affiliate programs, digital marketing, gamification and rewards programs.
- Drive innovation and manage the successful launch of all new tools/systems within the designated categories.
- Provide business insights through weekly and monthly analytics reporting.
- Identify and implement process changes to improve productivity and customer experience.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Proven leader with high volume B2C eCommerce experience with state of the art technology platforms with a major retail brand or successful early start up.
- 7 to 10 yrs. direct oversight of high volume eCommerce platform (e.g. Magento, Shopify) with full ERP and CRM integrations.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or BS/MS IT with relevant technical experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Department/group level supervisory experience.
- Marketplace integration experience (Google Merchant, Amazon, EBay, etc.).
- Direct experience with digital marketing platforms and related analytics.
- Demonstrated Sr. management business success including – leading teams, implementing systems, contributing to strategic planning, developing partnerships, and negotiating with contractors/suppliers.
- Experience with systems architecture for gamification, rewards programs targeted to social benefit.
- Experience with Climate Change environmental science and sustainability practices a plus.
Interested? Please submit your cover letter with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; please highlight any relevant qualifications and why you connect with the opportunity and our mission.
About ClimateStore Inc.
The ClimateStore is a direct-to-consumer business with a mission to provide high quality products to consumers interested in mitigating human caused climate change through personal action. The goal of the company is to make it fun, easy, and rewarding to find, purchase and use products that reduce your carbon footprint. The company is novel as a retailer focused entirely on sustainable living in the era of anthropomorphic climate change. The brand will address an unmet need in the marketplace, namely, assisting the average citizen interested in taking personal action to address the core issue of our time.
The ClimateStore Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other basis protected by applicable state or federal law.