SunBell Solar Lantern
The rechargeable battery needs 3-4 hours of good sunlight to be fully charged. The dimmer switch lets you choose between 3 levels of LED light brightness.
The solar disk hides a 9 foot long cable, so the panel can be placed outside while the rest of the lamp is safe inside a house, hut or tent.
- Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4) 1400 mAh battery with a lifetime of 2,000+ cycles (5-7 years of use)
- SunBOOST3 Technology for maximum battery protection
- 1.8 W Solar panel with 3m / 9ft cable rolled up in solar disc
- 3 High quality LEDs with a cool 5500-6000 K color temperature
- USB adaptor for mobile charger
- UV resistant ABS plastic housing
- Splash proof covers for plugs
- Compatible with some AC/DC wall adaptors to charge from a wall outlet
- Strong – 100 lumens for 4.5+ hours
- Medium: 25 lumens for 14+ hours
- Night mode: 5 lumens for 100+ hours
- Automatic dimming to lower modes at low voltage
Click HERE to view or download technical datasheet
In 2009, K8 Industrial Design took part in the "Beyond Risør" workshop in Norway and started the 4,500 hour R&D process of designing the SunBell lamp. The main motivation was to find a smart, sustainable and multi functional product for the unelectrified regions of the world. 1.3 billion people depend on inefficient and hazardous kerosene lamps - a problem that can be solved with innovative solar lighting products. With financial support from Innovasjon Norge, BRIGHT Products have developed and tested prototypes in Kenya, Tanzania and Bangladesh. The SunBell is the result of all these years of design work and is ready to start providing light around the world.
The SunBell collects clean, renewable energy with a small solar panel. By using the sun’s energy, you are decreasing your reliance on coal, oil, natural gas and other fossil fuels.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Production Icon||Production Icon|
|Renewable Icon||Generates Clean Energy|
|Efficiency Icon||Energy Efficient!|
|Staff Pick Icon||No|
|Gives Back Icon||No|
|Saves Water Icon||No|