'G-MAX 40V' 2-in-1 Electric Lawn Mower - 16 Inch
Fifty-four million Americans mow their lawns every weekend, according to the EPA, using 800 million gallons of gas each year. That leaves a huge carbon footprint - nearly 16 BILLION lbs of CO2 and other GHGs are released into the air as a result. By using an electric engine, ultra-efficient battery chargers and a light weight design, Greenworks has created a new generation of yard tools that better for the environment but perform just as well as conventional, gas powered tools.
- 40 minutes of run time.
- 16-Inch cutting deck offers a great maneuverable for small and mid-sized lawns.
- Long lasting 40V Lithium-Ion batteries deliver consistent power - no "fading out" near the end of the mow.
- Innovative SMART CUT technology conserves energy on lighter parts of the yard and revs up the engine to once it senses heavy grass or debris.
- Single lever height adjustment is simple to use and has 5 positions from from 1 1/4-inch to 3 3/8-inches in height to accommodate a most grass species and growing conditions.
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability to capture lawn clippings and shredded leaves.
- Easy Fold system for convenient storage.
- Dual blades offer better cut quality, superior mulching and bagging capabilities
- Air flow indicator tab on rear bag shows when the bag is full and needs to be emptied
- Includes batteries and a charger.
|Includes||G-MAX 40V 16 inch Mower, Rear Discharge Bag, Mulch Plug, 4Ah Battery Charger, Safety Key, Owner's Manual|
|Cutting Deck Width||16 inches|
|Height Adjustment||5 position, single lever|
|Bag / Discharge||Rear bag discharge|
|Collecting Bag Capacity||1.42 Bushel|
|Deck Material||Plastic (Low density polyethylene)|
|Deck Width / Depth / Height||16 x 26.125 x 13.375 inches|
|Compatible Additional Batteries||G-MAX 40V 4Ah (Model 29472) or G-Max 40V 2Ah (Model 29462)|
|Wheel Size||Larger 7-inch rear wheels and 6-inch front wheels|
* Under normal conditions, GreenWorks electric mowers deliver the same amount power as conventional gas mowers. However, the extra drag and clogging from mowing wet grass affects electric engines more than it does gas engines. If you frequently mow under these conditions, plan to buy an electric mower with slightly more run time than you need.
** While GreenWorks equipment is tough, the electronics inside are fairly sophisticated. This equipment can be used in wet conditions but should be stored our of the rain. Additionally, the battery should not be stored in an active battery charger. Remove the battery or unplug the charger once the battery is fully charged.
GreenWorks has multiple lines of all electric corded and cordless lawn tools. With a mission to bring yard care in into the 21st century, their products eliminate the smell, noise, hassle, and wasted energy associated with conventional, gas powered yard tools. Constantly updating their designs, GreenWorks has recently released a new 80V tool line to bring professional level power to the electric mower market.
Energy Efficiency Icon
GreenWorks tools use much less energy and 95 - 98% less carbon than gas powered tools (depending on the exact model and the local electricity grid.) While this might sound impossible, the truth is that small gas engines are incredibly inefficient. For example, most push mowers need about a gallon of gas to operate for an hour, while that same gallon could propel an entire car for more than 21 miles! The average gas mower uses 1 gallon of gas an hour and produces nearly 20 lbs of CO2-eqv greenhouse gases. These electric yard tools will use about 1.0 kWh of electricity per hour and release only 1.2 lbs of CO2-eqv, depending on what types of fuels power the regional grid. Electric yard and lawn equipment could save most people 380 lbs of CO2-eqv a year, or 2% of the average personal carbon footprint.
Green Savings Icon
Along with these big energy savings come some great financial benefits, too. For example, running a gas powered mower will use about a gallon of gas (which is at $2.50 now) and an electric mower will use about 0.5 kWh, which at the US average price of $0.11 / kWh, is about $0.06. For people who mow their yard about 20 times a year, they should save about $50 annually! Most GreenWorks products have an ROI of 3-6 years, depending on the exact model and the local prices of gas and electricity.
|Country of Manufacture|
|Efficiency Icon||Energy Efficient!|
|$ Icon||Money Saver!|