King-Size Hammock Lanta
- Includes: A "Hammocking 101" Guide for Easy Hanging + A Signature "Hammock Tote"
- Production: Handwoven in 9-10 days using 4.3 miles of supersoft yarn
- Colors: Clover Green, Kelly Green, Peacock Blue, Cobalt Blue
- Capacity: 550 lbs
- Hammock Bed Length: 84 in / 7 ft
- Hammock Bed Width: 108 in / 9 ft
- Optimal Hanging Width: 132 in / 11 ft
- Optimal Hanging Height: 60 in / 5 ft
- Optimal Distance from Ground: 24 in / 2 ft
This company is passionate about empowering the people of Thailand by providing sustainable jobs as an alternative to slash and burn agriculture ? a common practice in the northern part of the country. Yellow Leaf?s products are handmade by artisans from the hill-tribe communities of rural Thailand. The opportunity to earn a good wage is transformative for weavers and their families.
Every Yellow Leaf Hammock is handwoven by hill-tribe artisans in rural northern Thailand. The opportunity to weave hammocks and earn a good wage is transformative for weavers and their families. These weavers and their children previously worked as indentured field laborers, often on farms that employed slash-and-burn agriculture - a practice that is causing major deforestation in Thailand. Burning trees emits fossil fuels, but also prevents old growth forests absorbing any more carbon dioxide. Through job creation, Yellow Leaf empowers weavers and communities to escape poverty and join the middle class and reduce their part in farming practices that contribute to climate change.
Green Savings Icon
While many hammocks only last a season or two, a Yellow Leaf Hammock stays bright and fresh for years. It never fades, repels mildew + mold, and won't fall apart. A high-quality hammock isn't just better for your wallet, it's more sustainable and better for the earth.
|Brand||Yellow Leaf Hammocks|
|Production Icon||Production Icon|
|$ Icon||Money Saver!|
|Staff Pick Icon||Staff Pick|
|Gives Back Icon||Gives Back|