Guide 10 Plus Solar Charger Kit
Charge phones, GPS, tablets and more: The Guide 10 Plus is the perfect on-the-go accessory for all the battery-hungry devices you own. Plug USB devices directly into the port on the Guide 10 Plus – one recharge on a phone, two to three charges on small cameras, or boost a tablet 10-15% in a pinch.
Removable, Rechargeable Batteries: Stop spending money on one-use batteries. The Guide 10 Plus gets its power from four, removable and rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) batteries. Use these AAs for headlamps, flashlight, and remotes and save money while you do it. The Guide 10 Plus also works with other rechargeable NiMH batteries.
Recharge anywhere: Batteries running low? Plug the Guide 10 Plus into any USB port, like a laptop or wall adapter, to charge it up in 6 hours. On the go and in the sun? Rapid charge the Guide 10 Plus by plugging it into one of Goal Zero’s Nomad Solar Panels and you’ll have full batteries in about 3 hours of full sun.
There are two ways to charge your Guide 10:
- The Sun: The Guide 10 Plus can be charged by connecting a compatible solar panel (see the chart below for solar compatibility).
- USB: The Guide 10 Plus can also be charged by being plugged into a USB power source.
WHAT CAN THE NOMAD 7 SOLAR PANEL CHARGE? The Nomad 7 will directly charge most USB and 12V devices (not tablets). Most handheld USB devices, include: Cell phone, smart phone, GPS, MP3 player.
WHAT GOAL ZERO PRODUCTS WORK BEST WITH THE NOMAD 7? Goal Zero Switch 8 Recharger, Guide 10 Plus, and Rock Out Portable Speaker.
CAN I USE THE USB AND 12V PORTS TO CHARGE DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY? Yes. The Nomad 7 will split the incoming solar power between the two ports to charge devices simultaneously. Some devices may not be compatible.
Nomad 7 Solar Panel
- Weight: 0.8 lbs (363 g)
- Dimensions (unfolded) 9 x 1.5 x 17 in (22.9 x 3.8 x 43.2 cm)
- Dimensions (folded) 9 x 1.5 x 6.5 in (22.9 x 3.8 x 16.5 cm)
- Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
- Warranty: 12 months
- Rated Power: 7W
- Open Circuit Voltage: 8-9V
- Cell Type: monocystalline
- USB port: 5V, up to 1A (5W max), regulated
- solar port (blue, 8mm) 15V, up to 0.3A (5W max) regulated
- mini solar port (2.5mm) 6.5V, up to 1.1A (7W max)
Charges other GOAL ZERO power packs:
- GOAL ZERO Switch 8 3-6 hrs
- GOAL ZERO Guide 10 Plus 3-6 hrs
Guide 10 Battery Charger
- Chainable: no
- Weight (w/ batteries): 0.4 lbs (181 g)
- Dimensions: 2.5 x 4 x 0.75 in (6.4 x 10.2 x 1.9 cm)
- Operating usage temp: 32-104 F (0-40 C)
- Certs: CE, FCC, ROHS
- Warranty: 6 months
- Cell type: NiMH
- Pack capacity: 11Wh (4.8V, 2300mAh)
- Single Cell Equivalent Capacity: 9200mAh at 1.2
- Lifecycles: hundreds of cycles
- Shelf-life: Keep plugged in, or charge every 3-6 months
- Fuses: none
- Management system: Charge control and low-battery protection built-in
- GOAL ZERO Nomad 7: 3-6 hrs
- GOAL ZERO Nomad 13: 2.5-5 hrs
- USB source: 6-10 hrs
- USB port (output): 5V, up to 1A (5W max), regulated
- USB-mini port (input): 5V, up to 0.8A (4W max), regulated
- mini solar port (input): 6.5V, up to 1.1A (7W max)
ZERO boundaries, ZERO apathy, and ZERO regrets! GOAL ZERO isn't just a company, it's a business created by people who live life to its fullest, inspired by adventure, respect for the planet and a humanitarian heart. Not only do they design some of the most innovative, rugged and field-proven portable solar chargers on the market, their proceeds support their programs TIFIE and Share the Sun, which runs projects to light rural villages and support sustainable businesses in the developing world.
These mobile chargers use clean, renewable solar energy. By using the sun’s energy, you are decreasing your reliance on coal, oil, natural gas and other fossil fuels.
|Renewable Icon||Generates Clean Energy|
|Efficiency Icon||Energy Efficient!|